Whitney Houston’s Property, Gaither Tune Neighborhood, and Arista/Legacy Recordings liberate the lengthy-awaited album and documentary I Plod to the Rock: The Gospel Tune of Whitney Houston.
Gaither Tune Neighborhood, Arista/Legacy Recordings, and The Property of Whitney E. Houston liberate the lengthy-awaited project, I Plod to the Rock: The Gospel Tune of Whitney Houston. The album facets 15 tracks, along side six beforehand unreleased songs, showcasing Whitney’s deep connection to gospel song that profoundly influenced her existence and profession. The album is now available on CD by Gaither Tune Neighborhood and digital streaming platforms through Arista/Legacy Recordings.
To accompany the album’s liberate, a documentary TV special hosted by Grammy-winning gospel singer CeCe Winans and produced by Barry Jennings explores the singer’s steadfast religion that accompanied her to stardom.
From her first-ever efficiency in front of an target market to her many breathtaking appearances performing gospel songs, I Plod to the Rock: The Gospel Tune of Whitney Houston entails Whitney’s performances on the NAACP Image Awards, the American Tune Awards, and Ebony’s 50th Anniversary TV special. The special will air on a couple of TV networks, premiering at 8 PM ET on UPtv and AspireTV, and will liberate on DVD.
“Alongside with the Property of Whitney E. Houston and Main Wave Tune, we are extremely joyful to liberate I Plod to the Rock: The Gospel Tune of Whitney Houston. This album celebrates Whitney’s deep roots in gospel song and showcases her noteworthy expertise and keenness for the model,” says Paul Sizelove, President of Gaither Tune Neighborhood. “We hope that listeners will almost certainly be moved and impressed by Whitney’s extremely effective performances and the timeless messages of religion and hope in these songs.”
“Whitney Houston’s affect on the enviornment of song is immeasurable, and her gospel roots were an even portion of her expertise and legacy. We are extremely joyful to bring this project to her fans, old and contemporary,” adds Pat Houston, Executor of the Property of Whitney E. Houston. “It now not easiest celebrates Whitney’s love for gospel song however would possibly well well pay tribute to her unwavering religion and the consolation she existing in her spirituality. We’ll be succesful of’t now not sleep for audiences to expertise this noteworthy tribute to Whitney’s existence and profession.”
I Plod to the Rock: The Gospel Tune of Whitney Houston Album Note Checklist:
- I Plod to the Rock (The Preacher’s Wife Soundtrack)
- Jesus Loves Me (The Bodyguard Soundtrack)
- He Can Employ Me – beforehand unreleased notice
- Pleasure to the World (The Preacher’s Wife Soundtrack)
- Bridge Over Terrified Water (Whitney and CeCe Winans; VH1 Honors) – beforehand unreleased notice
- Testimony – beforehand unreleased notice
- His Gaze Is on the Sparrow (Sparkle Soundtrack)
- Savor On, Reduction Is on the Draw (The Preacher’s Wife Soundtrack)
- This Day (VH1 Honors) – beforehand unreleased notice
- I Chanced on a Stunning Draw – beforehand unreleased notice
- Pleasure (The Preacher’s Wife Soundtrack)
- I Fancy the Lord (The Preacher’s Wife Soundtrack)
- He/I Squawk – beforehand unreleased notice
I Plod to the Rock: The Gospel Tune of Whitney Houston Documentary Note Checklist:
- I Plod to the Rock – Whitney Houston that contains the Georgia Mass Choir, Saturday Night Are residing, 1996
- Details Me O Thou, Wide Jehovah – Whitney Houston, The Arsenio Corridor Cloak, 1990
- This Day – Whitney Houston, VH1 Honors, 1995
- Jesus Loves Me – Whitney Houston, Are residing in Santiago, Chile, 1994
- Stunning Counselor – Whitney, Cissy, & Gary Houston, American Tune Awards, 1988
- Savor Up the Mild – Whitney Houston and BeBe & CeCe Winans, 21st NAACP Image Awards, 1989
- Bridge Over Terrified Water – Whitney Houston and CeCe Winans, VH1 Honors, 1995
- I Note to You – Whitney Houston, 2009
- I Fancy the Lord – Whitney Houston that contains the Georgia Mass Choir, 50th Anniversary of Ebony Journal TV Particular, 1996
- Pleasure to the World – Whitney Houston that contains the Georgia Mass Choir, 50th Anniversary of Ebony Journal TV Particular, 1996
With over 200 million files supplied worldwide, Whitney Houston stays belief to be one of many perfect-selling artists in song historical past. Her efficiency on the soundtrack to the 1996 movie The Preacher’s Wife elevated it to the most effective-selling gospel album ever, while her efficiency on the soundtrack to the 1992 movie The Bodyguard garnered recognition as the most effective-selling soundtrack album of all time. She also holds the dignity as the most effective artist to hang finished seven consecutive number-one singles on the Billboard Sizzling 100 chart, cementing her assign as belief to be one of many most done recording artists.