Nordoff and Robbins, the UK’s greatest tune therapy charity, is contented to suppose the first spherical of artists to grab this three hundred and sixty five days’s prestigious O2 Silver Clef Awards. The celebrities will all procure their accolades in person at an queer tune alternate lunch and award ceremony to be held on Friday 30th June on the glamourous Grosvenor House Resort on London’s Park Lane.
In the first of two winners’ announcements for the O2 Silver Clef Awards 2023, Nordoff and Robbins is worked up to honour international star and cultural icon Stormzy with the flagship O2 Silver Clef Award. The O2 Silver Clef Award is the most prestigious award of the day, honouring artists of the supreme calibre who continue to impress the tune alternate with their excellent careers and contribution to tune. Outdated legendary winners consist of: David Bowie, Ed Sheeran, Roger Waters, Paul McCartney, George Michael, Annie Lennox, Dame Shirley Bassey, Kylie Minogue, The Rolling Stones, Oasis and Coldplay.
Moist Leg will procure the New Tune Award and Biffy Clyro clutch Most sensible Are living Act. Pop icon NenehCherry is given Prominent Fulfillment, the legendary Impress King of Level 42 will procure the esteemed Icon Award, and Ayanna Witter-Johnson wins the Classical Award.
Winners of Most sensible Male, Most sensible Female, Most sensible Group, Global and Innovation will doubtless be announced in June, sooner than the ceremony.
The O2 Silver Clef Awards are held to recognise and have an even time the expertise of the a success artists. Since 1976, the awards have raised £12 million for Nordoff and Robbins’ major tune therapy services and products and honoured a few of the major greatest names in tune, with closing three hundred and sixty five days’s match raising over £750,000; including £200,000 from the public sale of George Michael’s personal piano, kindly donated by the George Michael estate. In 2022, Nordoff and Robbins held with regards to 50,000 tune therapy periods at some level of the UK for a few of the major most remoted of us in society, and the need for tune therapy is elevated than it has ever been.
Nordoff and Robbins’ imaginative and prescient is to reside in a world where by tune therapy, human doable is recognised no matter profound incapacity, illness or social exclusion. Shaped by more than 60 years of practice, its educated tune therapists employ the vitality of tune to radically change of us’s lives by helping them explain themselves and fix with others. The charity works with teenagers and adults affected by life limiting illness similar to dementia, finding out disabilities including autism, physical incapacity and mental health issues at over 350 colleges, hospitals, hospices and care houses, as smartly as offering periods from its centres nationwide.
Hosted with O2, the annual lunch is a few of the highlights of the tune alternate calendar, bringing collectively artists, celeb supporters and influencers to raise major funds for the tune therapy charity.The awards are the supreme fundraising match of the three hundred and sixty five days for Nordoff and Robbins, thanks to table sales, sponsorship and special auctions on the day, helping its educated tune therapists to enhance a few of the major most inclined of us within the UK.
Presented by Edith Bowman for the fifth-three hundred and sixty five days running, with Peter Andre preserving the blue carpet celeb arrivals for the third time, the awards recognise and have an even time the a lot impact of tune on all contributors of our society.
• Receiving the flagship O2 Silver Clef Award, Stormzy is a multi-award-a success musician who hails from South London, England. His three albums to this level; ‘Gang Signs & Prayer’, ‘Heavy Is The Head’ and ‘This Is What I Point out’ all completed at #1 within the UK album chart, with the outdated two ensuing from this truth being nominated for the indispensable Mercury Tune Prize. His great ascent has been accompanied by his appropriate and relatable persona. A correct spokesman of shaded empowerment and social activism, Stormzy is a few of the UK’s most animated figureheads who has consistently stood up for folks from all areas of life; encouraging his fans and listeners alike to talk openly about their beliefs and warfare for his or her rights.
• The award for Ticketmaster Most sensible New Tune will whisk to indie rock artists Moist Leg, whose self-titled album debuted at No 1 on the UK Albums Chart in 2022.
• Indubitably a few of the UK’s most a success rock bands, with three No 1 albums and pretty a couple of headline gadgets from Studying and Leeds to Download, Biffy Clyro will doubtless be awarded the PizzaExpress Are living Most sensible Are living Act Award.
• Swedish singer-songwriter, rapper and cultural icon Neneh Cherry will salvage up the Tysers Prominent Fulfillment Award in recognition of her influential profession starting with the realm success of her debut single ‘Buffalo Stance’ and album ‘Raw Like Sushi’ in 1989. In 2019, Neneh launched original solo albums and began touring widely including dates at Glastonbury and the Hollywood Bowl. In 2022, Neneh launched ‘The Versions’, a sequence of her greatest hits lined by artists including Sia, Robyn and Greentea Peng.
• The legendary Impress King will procure the American Express Icon Award. As lead singer and bass player of funk-rock icons Level 42, King executed a string of High Ten hits at some level of the 1980s including ‘The Sun Goes Down (Living It Up) (1984), ‘Classes in Cherish’ (1985), Working within the Family (1987) and ‘Looking out on the Sun’ (1988). Now celebrating over 40 years with Level 42, Impress continues to pleasure audiences at some level of the realm.
• Multi-proficient singer, songwriter, pianist and cellist Ayanna Witter-Johnson will salvage up the PPL Classical Award, in recognition of her uncommon boundary crossing tune.
Moist Leg acknowledged: “To the hunnies at Nordoff and Robbins, tysm for deciding on us for Most sensible original tune award!?! We’re blushing crimson as lobsters 🦞 😳 We’re so stoked to be supporting Nordoff and Robbins to bring tune to of us that need it most! By their work, they provide tune therapists to remoted teenagers and adults which allows them to crumple boundaries whilst making staunch connections with various of us. xx.”
Biffy Clyro acknowledged: “We’re so satisfied to procure the Most sensible Are living Act Award. About a of our favourite recollections were created on stage and nothing compares to the response from a reside audience. Tune brings us collectively in such a special blueprint– all of us – from non-verbal teenagers to older of us with dementia can in actuality acknowledge and talk within the tune therapy periods, which is why Nordoff and Robbins’ work is so incredibly major.”
Neneh Cherry acknowledged: “I’m contented to be chosen for the Prominent Fulfillment Award. I’ve recently seen first-hand the fabulous work that Nordoff and Robbins’ educated tune therapists attain with a few of the major most inclined contributors of our society. For many, the periods may perchance perchance even be transformative. I’ve worked with so many fantastic artists in my profession and I’m proud to enhance a charity which objectives to present everyone rep entry to to the vitality of tune.”
Impress King acknowledged: “I’m beyond overjoyed to be chosen as recipient of the Icon Award this three hundred and sixty five days. I’m doubly contented as I in actuality were an fervent supporter of Nordoff and Robbins for the closing 15 years. Most steadily of us receiving tune therapy salvage it refined to talk with the realm by words, and I in actuality have spent time at their London centre and witnessed the pleasure that purchasers feel after they are being in actuality heard by tune. Tune is trendy – whichever country I tour, it’s our trendy language. Serving to to raise funds for this fantastic charity which has tune at its core is such a blessing.”
Ayanna Witter-Johnson acknowledged: “Huge infected to be collecting the Classical Award. Musically I feel at house in a substitute of genres from classical to RnB, reggae, soul and jazz, and have regularly combined them permitting me the musical freedom to grab with a large breadth of audiences, and showcase my authentic, various self. It is main to recognise the opposite ways in which we can reach of us by tune. Here’s why I toughen Nordoff and Robbins, who are working challenging to crumple these communication boundaries that exist for heaps of alternative folk, in suppose that they are going to even be fully heard and their individuality may perchance perchance even be expressed.”